Hello everyone, I’m just posting this here on the off-chance anyone feels as lost without /rel/ and /cult/ as I do and might be lurking. I’d hoped to post this on FB but left it too late in the end. Rather than get caught up in shitposting with you legends I’d like to know more about your Christian lives and any works you are involved in, charitable or otherwise and hopefully we can inspire each other to try a few things to keep our faith active and fulfilling.
I’ve been part of a lay apostolic group for young men established by The Order of Knights of Saint Columbanus here in Northern Ireland as part of the Catholic Chaplaincy at my former University.
We currently have quite a few apostolic endeavours on the go including:
- preparing food for distribution to the homeless in our city
- forming marathon teams to raise money for church associated charities
-“sleep-out” nights to raise awareness of homelessness in our country
- putting together schoolbags and toiletries for less affluent members of the community
- Advent food collections for the poor
- hosting suicide prevention talks by guest speakers to name a few.
- Organising Catechesis study groups for students using the new YOUCAT programme
- supporting our local Churches and Chaplaincy with everyday duties
- dedicated shifts for attending Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
I’ve been wondering what more we could be doing and am just wondering if any of you are in similar groups or even parish women’s or men’s groups? If so, what sort of things do you take part in? Even if it’s just prayer retreats and the like, I’d like to hear about them