Christian nationalism and racism

I’ve seen a few christians, particularly amongst the fascists on /rel/, who seem to believe in ethnic superiority and the unequal worth of peoples.

I am genuinely curious as to how you justify this from a christian perspective, as Paul seems pretty clear in stating that the Kingdom of Christ is for all those who accept and worship his Kingship. Ephesians 2 reads:

“11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (which is done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.”

Now this is not saying that borders and identity is stupid, as the recent years have certainly shown that certain people form a society better than others in Europe, but that doesn’t disqualify those who have caused so much havoc from becoming brothers and sisters in Christ. After all, most of us probably wouldn’t be able to tell the life of St. Moses the Black apart from any of the “New Europeans”.

Identity certainly has it’s merits when discussing the social realism that we as humans find ourselves in, but I am genuinely curious as to how some of you seem to take an identitarian approach view of the Kingdom of God and what justifications you have for holding this view.

2 Likes

The fallacy in that reasoning is that ethnic superiority is based on dignity to God. When people talk about ethnic superiority, they usually refer to aspects such as intelligence or skills. Now everyone can be brothers and sisters in Christ, but that doesn’t mean people can’t exclude a group, or race, due to characteristics that pose a danger, such as being more likely to murder, rob, etc.

I have never seen anyone say, in a serious manner, the idea that some people use race to exclude some people from salvation. However, only fascists are honest enough to say “this race is dumb” or “this race is violent”

5 Likes

http://faithandheritage.com/2011/01/a-biblical-defense-of-ethno-nationalism/

I do think, based on Christian principles, the temporal exclusions Christians may choose are relative. Not only must we affirm that Christ has died for all men, and men of all nations, but we must also affirm the koinonia (commonness, fellowship) of the Church both spiritually, in the bosom of Christ in heaven, and temporally, in our Spirit-led social life on earth. Thus, as St Paul says, we who are members of the whole Body of Christ are not free to say to another part, ‘I don’t need you.’ Every part is needed, every member is indispensable, even the least prestigious, because God has chosen us all in Christ.

2 Likes

Fellowship doesnt imply that nations must be open to every group, just like they wouldnt b3 open to groups of murderers or similar, even though the spiritual fellowship also applies to them.

Similarly, a family doesnt have to open itself to the world, so that out of this fellowship anyone can enter their house freely, or say that not being let in is inmoral.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. But I know some people think all that holy Scripture requires is that we affirm in theory that all men can be saved if they believe. This is insufficient. I oppose much immigration, legal as well as illegal, and support long moratoria on immigration in many countries; nevertheless, the clear teaching of Scripture is that the whole Church catholic, even if no man ever moves his residence from the country of his birth and kindred, must act as one body because it is one Body.

1 Like

I believe that when Christians speak about race in this way, there are two modalities; one, the race as a whole, and two, the race of the individual.

When dealing with mass amounts of people, race must be taken into consideration. I am Orthodox, but I am sure that the Haitian Presbyterians down the street from our church would cause a great disturbance if the suddenly flooded our church doors. It is reasonable to assume that an individual or a family can assimilate into the generally homogeneous group. However, it is unreasonable to think that entire populations can assimilate.

Hence the issue with the European migrant crisis. It is reasonable to assume that a few individuals will convert to Catholicism, learn the local language, and assimilate into the nation. It is unreasonable to assume that millions of these migrants will do so.

When we ask the question of how we are to organize ourselves into communities and nations, it is tempting to become overly tribal, and thus villainize other “out-groups” and to say that they are violent, or unintelligent, etc. There is a fine line that must be drawn that takes into consideration the individual outsider in question, and the protection and continuation of our heritage. But pride in our heritage could easily lead to vanity, and with vanity comes disdain for anything that is “Other”, and with disdain, our actions will be more violent and unintelligent than what we feared from the outsiders.

1 Like

Race ultimately is a product of mans sin, considering Adam and Eve were most likely “superior”, that is biologically of course i.e. in race since they were ultimately made in the image of God. Some races are the product of deterioration or a curse such as the negroid people.

Gen 9:24-27
24 When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said,

“Cursed be Canaan!
The lowest of slaves
will he be to his brothers.”

26 He also said,

“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Shem!
May Canaan be the slave of Shem.
May God extend Japheth’s[a] territory;
may Japheth live in the tents of Shem,
and may Canaan be the slave of Japheth.”

Arabs are more likely to be violent (Genesis 16:12 He shall be a wild man: his hand will be against all men, and all men’s hands against him: and he shall pitch his tents over against all his brethren.) and secluded.

The only race that hasn’t been cursed, and only blessed is the european race, those from Japheth. This is all based from the Bible, nothing here im saying is something “racist” or “hateful and filled with prejudice”, although i am a racist in the sense i believe some races are biologically inferior, this doesnt mean i “hate” negroes. It means i see them as inferior biologically. Therefore we should not mix with these people because these curses that have been set forth would hinder us as a whole. We should support Christianity in their lands.

We should help these people but at the same time we should caste pearls before swine. Allowing them in our land and having our women when this could be better used. I see no reason to hate something inferior, we are inferior to God but he doesnt hate us… Animals are inferior to us but do we beat them because of that fact?

Although i think Jews should be wiped from the face of the Earth for being literally satanic… I think trying to “convert” them does no good and only weakens us. Throughout history we’ve tried over and over again to convert these jews and it does no good.

2 Likes