Discord server has been nuked

As mentioned in the title it seems that the discord server has been nuked. We will look into other options with similar design. It seems the same thing happened to other servers.

If you can contact people who are not in the telegram channel, tell them to go there please.

Oh so that’s why. Did everybody’s account get nuked

Yep. Discord tends to do that: banning entire servers and everyone in it. it is clear that it is wise to move to other platforms. Preferably self hosted and that are very, very easy to join and use.

Do you know of any other servers that got nuked today

People are commmenting it in the Telegram server. It would be good for you to join if you are not already there.

I don’t have a phone number so I can’t join Telegram. Sorry

Fair. It seems Mungocord and other associated servers were nuked too

Also if some movement is made I will inform in this post.

Can confirm, I got nuked too :frowning:

1 Like

Sadly there’s nothing we can do to stop it. We’re doing something else that will be announced soon™

2 Likes

Glad to announce, for those who didn’t see it, that we have a self-hosted rocket chat server in chat.legiochristi.com

Account needs manual activation, so let us know through any means if you create it.

5 Likes

Just got here, but have not heard good things about Telegram. Not end-to-end encrypted. Rumors of it being run by CIA, but I have no way of knowing if that’s true.

I am currently using Session for the family, it’s extremely secure and uses the Tor/Onion tech to route things around the world. Everything is encrypted, etc. But it’s a bit new and does not do audio/video like Discord yet.

That’s kind of ironic, given that Tor/Onion actually received funding from the US Navy. lol

From what I know, Telegram was created by a Russian tech mogul who occasionally cucks out to governments here and there, so the app doesn’t get taken down. For instance, if you have phone number from a NATO country, you can’t view RT and Sputnik channels.

Also, welcome to the forum

Yes, Tor was developed by the Navy AFAIK. But that doesn’t make the tech insecure or mean there’s a backdoor somewhere.

Your post reminded me of another reason I refused to consider Telegram. They require a phone number right? I don’t like giving extra PII to any site or service. Negates the encryption and anonymity the platform supposedly espouses.

I am not sure about the logic behind there being no backdoors to a technology that was developed by the same government that has admitted on spying on its own people.

The phone number part is true, but that can easily be circumvented by simply getting a burner number that you use only for telegram, if you’re so inclined. As for me, telegram is playing an ever-increasing role in an average person’s life in Russia, thanks to the conflict. People use it to get information in warzones, whole news channels are set up there, even local governments are starting to use telegram as a PSA platform, so I personally have no choice but to keep using it. Especially now that most Russian news channels and commentators have been banned off youtube and other western sock media.

1 Like