Aliens

So what do people think about aliens? Are they real, and if so, are they meaningful evidence against the exsistence of God?

I ask because some of the kids (11-13 year olds) in my scouting group started to talk to me about faith and Gods existence, and most of them were predictably brainwashed by the school system to dismiss God and creation because of the Big Bang and evolution and what not. However after having talked with them about for a while they did understand the flaws of the materialistic creation myth, and having them atleast entertain the fulness of Christianity, one of them said “Well, I still don’t believe in God because if God was real there wouldn’t be aliens”. The rest concluded that he was right and proceeded to “ayy lmao” their way out of the conversation.

Now, debating theology with 12 year olds can only get so serious, but if we were to consider the exsistence of extraterrestrial life, what would that mean for our idea of God, if anyhthing?

Now personally, I don’t think it would mean much. If there is life elsewhere in the Universe, then it was also created by God, and is ours to use, domesticate, or defend ourselves from, just like any other creature we know. However, I can somewhat understand that ETs might shake the faiths of some, much like how the “discovery” of evolution broke the faith (or simply proved the lack therof) of others.

Any thoughts? Have we been BTFO’d by the ayys?

1 Like

If aliens do exist, then it is only reasonable to suppose that God created them.

The concept of an alien as being a strange, green, bulbous-headed humanoid from Mars is quite a recent thing, in many respects, but the concept of an alien as a being from another planet has been considered for some time.

I believe C.S. Lewis considered the idea and concluded that if there were aliens, then they would have a concept of God and be able to get to Heaven.

In all honesty, and similarly to flat vs. round Earth, I don’t care all that much, my main focus needs to be on getting me to Heaven.

As for the 11-13 year-olds, they are not so widely read nowadays as they used to be, but the method of argument to them should follow a very simple form of the Socratic method: you ask them if the aliens are as smart or smarter than us and when they inevitably say “smarter” you reply “then they would know that there is a God since there being a God is the most reasonable conclusion” and if they then change tack to “Okay, they’re not as smart as us”, then you reply “then they are no more than the apes, cats, and dogs that inhabit this Earth”.

Young pre-teens are more likely to accept that than neckbeard edgelords who are so committed to the lies they peddle that they can no longer afford to accept the truth.

3 Likes

I think I was taught that if an alien species had the will of a human and similar minds then they could be proselytized to. Does this mean there really can be a space pope someday?

1 Like

A space-Pope can only be an improvement at this point, surely?

1 Like

Space catholicism sounds pretty good tbh

1 Like

Sorry for my late answer . im new to this forum. I just wanted to through in the theory of erich von Däniken.
He set the theory of “pre austronatic”.

He is convinced that aliens are actually that what we call angels or gods and he even thinks, based on the book of henoch, that there are evidences that angels travel with UFOs.

I think the best thing to argue is to say that we know, despite having a 2000 sites bible, to less about the universe and god.

But some (not all) arguments of von dänikens make sense. But it is a theory.

Best regards.

1 Like

Mexicans are already Catholic bro

3 Likes

It’s a fun thought, I don’t think intelligent life exists on other planets though.

If they did exist, they would have to be human if we were to baptize and preach about Christ’s sacrifice, since there would be a question as to whether they even have souls if they are not human and not made in the image and likeness of God.

If they were human though, there would be a question as to whether they would even need baptism if they are not descended from Adam. So either they would be a people without sin upholding all of God’s laws and commandments or they would be like us, and in need of the sacraments.

If they were like us and in need of sacraments, was Christ born on other worlds to be sacrificed and to establish the Church on multiple worlds, or do they need to taught about revelation from us here on earth?

I would say though that the idea of aliens doesn’t undermine the faith, it would most likely enhance it as one would expect to see some universal truths confirmed. Though if we ever did encounter aliens, there would need to be an ecumenical council to answer some of those questions above.

1 Like

As someone who has studied magick extensively, I do believe in aliens but not in the sense that scientists and kabalists believe them to be; I believe that aliens are humans at different trees in our timeline. Let me explain:

We exist currently in the 4th dimension as we are 3 dimensional beings moving FORWARD in time, we do not have the ability to move backwards or explore other “what if” branches of the timeline. We have free will, but what we choose to do defines the reality around us which is known as the Butterfly Effect.

I believe that each archtype of alien corresponds with humanity going down a different path, thus branching out into new timelines.